The Alternative Banking Working Group of Occupy meets every Sunday from 3-5pm at Columbia University, in Room 409 (NOTE CHANGE!!) of the International Affairs Building at the corner of 118th and Amsterdam Avenue.
We are open to everyone.
We usually send out topics on Saturday and ask for more topics. To get on the list please email email@example.com and request to be added to the email list for Alt Banking.
The format of the meetings are as follows:
- We list the topics and discuss them briefly to give people an idea of what they are.
- We vote for the topics to see who wants to discuss what.
- The top 4 topics (up to 6) are chosen, and we have two rounds of discussions in which people are free to choose whichever topic they choose.
- People take minutes and when the groups are large enough someone takes stack as well.
- After the two rounds, we have a quick summary of the discussions.
- The minutes are posted here after the meeting.
See you there!